When you looking for something that is a good or a service, the first thing you do is write what you are looking for on Google. Google knows; Google finds.
But there are many information and online retailers, so how can we ensure that our product is among the first results in search engines? 60% of all organic clicks are in the top 3 search results on the page, and SEO leads continue to dominate the revenue over any outbound leads.
And here comes SEO that allows you to increase traffic and get a better conversion.
SEO is a method of optimizing (enhancing the effectiveness of) your content for the search engines, in order to help it rank higher than content from other sites that target the same search terms.
By targeting the keywords that the users themselves use, you can be sure that the traffic you get from Google is actually interested in the kinds of products you’re offering in your online store.
Another key benefit of using SEO is you will be able to generate more leads without any costs. There are different ways to generate leads not only through Facebook, buying email lists, PPC, referrals which entail some costs.
When you increase the number of visitors on your website, you can also increase the number of leads you get through product inquiries, newsletter signups, memberships, and so on.
In SEO, the use of keywords is vital. You need to know which keywords to use and to achieve this, you’ll need to do a comprehensive keyword research.
With an SEO professional by your side, your website can become more visible online. But you have to be careful because unethical SEO tactics can cause your site to disappear entirely from Google listings.
HOW TO DEFINE A CONTENT – BASED SEO STRATEGY
Here are the main steps to define and refine a content-based SEO strategy.
- Define your goals: the goal of an e-commerce is to sell through the website without forgetting to also offer added value to visitors to your site through original content, newsletters, etc.
Your goals will determine what types of content you need to focus on.
- Make product sheets interesting and informative, this allows you to incentivize sales and optimize search and conversions. Concentrate on those contents that illustrate when and how to use the product. So use tutorials, videos or infographics.
- To create the right contents, however, it is good to know your audience. How can you do? You can conduct surveys and there is also some analysis software that can help you get a better picture of your typical visitor or client – the so-called personas.
- It is important to know what kind of people are interested in your content, products or services, not only to choose the content but also to be able to adopt the right tone of voice, linguistic register, use of text, images or video.
- Analyze your SEO content regularly to see what works and what does not.
- Study your successes so you can repeat those strategies and concentrate more time and effort on the types of content that really resonate.
- Update and improve older SEO content with new keywords that get you more traffic.
CREDIT: INFOGRAPHIC BY LOGIQDESIGNEU
ISSUES TO BE CONSIDERED
In order to get an effective SEO you should consider some components in your e-commerce SEO strategy:
- First is keyword and keyword phrase research: product names, categories, theming and location. The first rule to follow is to insert the keyword into the so-called Title, which is the title of the product description page.
- Title Tags and Meta Description are one of the most important elements of SEO: the Title is the component that is first viewed by users, so it is very important from an SEO point of view. According to Neil Patel, Meta descriptions should be:
- Inspire curiosity;
- Match the searcher’s intent;
- 156 characters or less.
- Make keywords appear in the URL as well. In particular, the address to which the product description refers must be structured in such a way as to contain the category and the name within it and must inform the user on how to reach the product sheet starting from the home page.
- Create original descriptions for the individual products: Google penalizes short articles and copied from other sources. So it is good practice that the descriptions of your articles are original, clear and full of details. Similar products need different descriptions, structured around a keyword. Remember to activate comments and reviews on each product page. This will help you keep your product description up-to-date with feedback from your customers and also helps improve optimization.
- Optimize imagines: each product description must always be accompanied by at least one image. You must use the alt attribute in the HTML: it is the text that is shown in case the image is not loaded. The alt attribute is, in fact, read by search engines and is used for indexing. Entering the keywords within it increases the level of optimization.
- Link building (internal and external): create a relationship between your content. Link products to each other, link categories, link new arrivals and promotions.
- Get your website on Google plus & local citation sites and start getting reviews. Lots of users search online for stores with physical locations, so being also found with geo-localized searches is another aspect of SEO optimization for e-commerce.
- Speed: improves conversions by reducing response times. “The statistics say that 40% of visitors leave an e-commerce site if the upload exceeds 3 seconds, with loading response times within the second, the conversion goes to 7% when it is normally under 4%”.
- Mobile optimization: On websites with responsive design, the ordering of the elements on the page should be verified: the most important information must be at the top. One aspect that you cannot overlook is the loading speed that is more important on mobile websites.
- Tools and Plugins: use SEO plugins like Yoast which analyzes your content for keyword optimization and helps you stay within the character limits. To monitor your results use Google Analytics & Google Search Console.
Every SEO project is different and some keywords and keyword phrases are much harder than others to get a top page ranking.
Remember to create quality content, this is a major factor and will help your website rank on google.
Finally, remember to pay attention to some precautions as duplicate content, proper indexing, navigation and the management of exhausted products.
P.S. Thanks for reading this far. This blog article is made with 💓 and we hope you enjoyed it. If the article has been helpful, please continue to follow us for other content, we will do our best. 💪